Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Angels on Earth....PLEASE READ THIS!

Yesterday Peyton and I headed on an adventure to pick up the rest of her things needed for college.  We started out at the The Leeds Flea Market and ended up at the Moody and Leeds Police station.  Not exactly what we had planned.  Someone stole Peyton's wallet while we were at The Leeds Flea Market, which had two visa debit cards, her driver's license, Social Security Card, Student ID and $107.00 cash.  We went to Regions to close the account and the person had swiped the card for $66.00 and $74.50.  This may not seem like a lot, but to someone who is a soon to be college student it was everything.  Peyton sat in Regions and cried because she just couldn't understand how someone could be so mean.  After I called the person a few choice words...(sorry Dwayne and rest of the church and mostly God), I remembered what I had blogged about praying for our enemies.  We had to pray for this person, because obviously they needed it.  We also have to forgive.  So we had to put the walk to our talk.  Not easy....but doable. And we chalk this up as a lesson in life.  A lesson that I do not believe God put us through, but nonetheless was waiting to see our reaction.  I let him down with my anger, but slowly began to think about my words earlier in the week.  We forgive and will pray for this person.

Now, this is not a blog about "oh feel sorry for Peyton"....because we know God always provides! ALWAYS!  And when He shows out, it is a beautiful thing to watch! He sends kind people that I like to think of as angels on earth.  We have met our share of angels in the past 12 years.  It blesses my heart all the time!  I wish to be one of these kind people and will work harder at being a servant. So our angel today chose to remain anonymous.  Not looking for recognition, not looking for a personal thank you.

My mother in law works at the Odenville Utility Board.  Someone dropped off an envelope before they opened in the drop box.  It was addressed to Mrs. Brasher and read "Please call Kim and ask her to pick this up for Peyton Brasher.  You just have to love a small town.....where else could I live that I could "drop something off at the Water Board to be delivered?" Inside the envelope, was $107.00 cash and a pearl bracelet.  I believe the pearl bracelet was to be used for her in clown school, because she had mentioned she wanted her clown name to be "Pearl" because she always loves to wear pearls.  

Wow!!!! That's all I can say! As the tears fall, not from the $107.00 but from the heart behind the gift.  Thank you! Thank you for showing God' love and being an example I can share with my kids and anyone that may read this! You will NEVER know what this means to us!  You are truly an "Angel on Earth".  

1 comment:

  1. Kim: You words are so inspirational and true! You are right as we should pray for those who do wrong or are on the wrong path and act out in ways that aren't right. Thank you for the reminder how to react and to pray instead of lashing out in anger!

    ReplyDelete