Monday, February 10, 2014

My whole life I've just wanted to be just like you

"My whole life, I've just wanted to be just like you."  These are the words that so casually came out of my 19 year old daughter's mouth a couple of days ago. Talk about being taken a back...I just sat there and wondered "why in the world would you want to be like me?" I have made mistake after mistake in my life. I have lost control over my emotions over and over. I have days where it's hard to get out of bed and face my daily tasks. This honestly blew my mind and in someways made me feel a little guilty. Guilty because I'm not always someone to strive to be like. It made me think of situations I wished I would've handled better. Times when I should have had more patience or spoke kinder words. It really affirmed a lot of things I've heard over the years about how our children look at us.  They imitate our actions. I hope through all the mistakes I've made over the years, that my kids can look back and know that I loved them with everything I had. And for the times I have let them down or hurt them, I am sincerely sorry. You have been one of the greatest gifts God has given me and I strive to be more like the both of you. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment