Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Against the Odds

So today I am celebrating 20 years of marriage with Poncho. I look back and think how in the world have we made it through everything that has been thrown at us through the years? Being pregnant at 19 and not having a clue what life was really about. Taking a lifetime vow with someone who could barely stand to be around me two weeks in a row. Moving in with his parents whom I felt expected way to much from me. (Cleaning that one room and doing my own laundry was tough!)  Changing the way I was used to living and trying to learn to care for another living being that God blessed us with.  Suffering a miscarriage 2 years into our marriage, struggling with finances, dealing with health issues, and the most difficult of all...trying to cope with the loss of our sweet Blair. 

I say all of this not to sound prideful, but to show that we serve a Mighty God who for some reason has chosen to use these circumstances to make our bond stronger. I'm so thankful He didn't give up on us even on the days we have felt like giving up on eachother. 

There is no one in this world I would want to share the joys and hardships of this  life with than my Poncho! I hope to share many more years with the man God chose for me. 

1 comment: