Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Be still and know that I am God Psalm 46:10

So the school year has started and the craziness of life has once again started taking it's toll on me and everyone else. This summer was blissful and I found myself growing closer to God. I painted the words "Be still and know that I am God" on multiple crosses that I sold this summer. I am realizing the importance of these words as my days get busier and busier. The busier I am, the further I stray from my walk with the Lord, The further  I stray from my walk, the worse my state of mind becomes, the worse my state of mind becomes, the darker my heart becomes, the darker my heart becomes, the darker my actions become. It is a vicious cycle all because I have not done what The Lord has commanded me....Be Still! 

How can we be still when life pulls us in so many different directions? I have a job (or 2 or 3), a family that needs me and opportunities that keep arising which I am so thankful for. How do we balance everything without losing what's important?  

The answer is simple, yet we make it so difficult. Be Still in the Lord's presence. We have to be refreshed by His presence. Once we learn to take the time to do this, our time will seem to stretch because we will be refreshed and more focused. Without a renewed spirit, we are running a rat race and getting nowhere. Trust Him to give you the time you need by giving Him the time He deserves.


No comments:

Post a Comment